Monday, August 15, 2016

Fed Ex Delivered New Kindle Reader Today



  Still no pics, so it is small in size anyway. Today at 10 AM Fed Ex drove up and gave me my much awaited replacement Kindle Paper White. I quickly checked for damage and then put on charge. It has now been synced to my account and 1054 unread books. I feel free again.

  Last night I binged on the first season of a TV show called ' Mr Robot ' it is a neat story about a mentally ill young man who is an awesome computer hacker who works for a computer security firm by day and hacks by night. If you saw Fight club, this has same theme, Very fun and enjoyable and held my attention easy. That was good, as I am supposed to be a semi slug and take my pills, I can not lift over ten pounds by their rules, I have been doing a one mile stroll each day, it is normal walking speed and does not break a sweat. No 5 mile hiking trails for another two weeks. Those do break a hard sweat and are good for getting in shape.

  All feels normal and no pain of any kind. I just have to be careful about the site where they accessed my artery, It should be all healed by two weeks. Wifey has been making me good things to eat and making a list of what I like and do not, I have yet to feel hungry, as she provides enough grapes, strawberrys and bananas as snacks.

  That is all from our neck of the woods. It is 54 degrees and overcast, but no rain.  

5 comments:

  1. I was reading about your suggestion of The Americans last night and wondered how I missed that show a few years ago. Hard for me to stream shows with a monthly data limit and $10 per Gb after that. That is how I ran into people talking about Mr Robot. Sounds interesting, both shows. With college football 16 days away, filled in between with the NFL, not much time left in my schedule for 'binge watching'.

    Just an FYI ... I lost 18 pounds over a summer last year when I cut out anything packaged at the grocery store and all fast foods. Nothing but water, fresh fruit and veggies, along with meat, chicken and salmon. I have maintained that loss this year. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am down 10 lbs in ten days and my BP from 135 /95 down to 110 / 75 with the meds and diet change. I never go hungry and it feels fine so far.
      Perhaps you can get those shows on netflix in DVD format. That is how we get movies in Florida. We use the cheap one movie at a time plan.

      Glad to hear you lost that much weight and best of all, have maintained it. That is what most people never achieve.

      Delete
  2. 1056 unread books. WOW! Sounds like you are collecting them. I have a hard time finding anything I want to read on my Kindle without paying practically the price for a paperback for it. Glad you are following doctor's orders and being careful. I can tell you from experience that the walking or hiking alone will take off some weight but not as much as diet change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sherry, I collect the ones that sound interesting to me. I made a post a couple years ago about BookBub a site that sends an email every day listing about 4 books for sale and then 2 free ones. These are Amazon books and if you set the site for the type of reading you like, they send offers for new authors in that genre. Also if you like an author and write a good review on Amazon, you get their next book free also. That is how I read a whole funny mystery detective series free.
      So since I check each email and one click free purchase on Amazon, I am back logged on my reading. I have 72 books in my already read file and only one was purchased for $ 0.99 because they never made it free and I wanted to read it. I have also got about 20 or so books from our library. Their selection is not as vast.

      Delete
  3. That's amazing Tom. I do BookBub but there are only two books per day and usually they are $1.99 or $2.99 each. Perhaps my reading tastes are not as wide as yours. I don't do Thrillers or Crime or much Fantasy. Mostly Memoire/biography & Literary Fiction although BobBub's definition of literary fiction is much more generous than mine. What I really love is Environmental fiction but they don't seem to have that category. I've never gotten a book for free by writing an Amazon review either. You are a lucky fella in this regard.

    ReplyDelete