Friday, October 21, 2016

1st Snow



  We almost made it out of state without snow. This came early this morning and now we are in for five days of sunshine. It is kinda neat to see and since Kathy did all the driveway, I am enjoying it.



  I weighed 201 pounds this morning and have not seen that since I was in my 40's. My weight was stuck at 205 for three weeks and now seem to be moving down again. The eating and exercise have stayed about the same all the time. My last PT session is Monday and I am going to miss it. I did not expect to become attached to working out in a gym. I plan to keep up fitness on my own and still have a goal of 195 pounds.



  It is warm and cozy inside and I doubt I will go outside today. The first snow always puts dollar signs into local auto body shops owners eyes. The late news always is happy to announce how many cars went into ditches or played bumper car. No one usually gets hurt bad, but bent fenders abound.

Update: 5 PM news...86 car accidents, 6 had injures. Now temps falling to 14 degrees so ice will be a big problem tomorrow.


  This is my reading room and Mr Kitty likes my Zero Gravity chair also, it is very comfy for reading and I have plants around me with no insects to bother me. 

  We do need to make one more errand run on Monday and then wash van and park it in the garage. Then a final run over lists and hope I do not forget anything. We have a ride to the airport on Tuesday and then it will be palm trees and humidity. 



.October 21st Snow Totals Across Southcentral as of 12pm...

Location.............Amount

Hatcher Pass.........................12.0 inches
Indian Pass..........................12.0 inches
Bear Valley..........................10.0 inches
Eagle River Hillside..................7.1 inches
Near Campbell Creek Science Center....7.0 inches
South of Hatcher Pass.................6.1 inches
East Anchorage........................6.0 inches
Eagle River...........................5.0 inches
Lower Hillside........................4.5 inches
Palmer................................4.0 inches
Soldotna..............................3.1 inches
Anchorage Hillside....................3.0 inches
Anchorage NWS.........................2.6 inches
Anchorage Downtown....................2.5 inches
Kenai.................................1.0 inch

4 comments:

  1. Snow is a clear signal it is time to head for the cabana. Have a safe trip down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one snow I could look at but not drive in would be great. So nice not to have to go to work isn't it? Wonderful that you enjoy the PT and will kerp it up. 195 sounds very doable. Why stop there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed at 185 for a few years and then found it very easy to stay at 195. I may try lower than 195, but that is my goal weight. It allows me to vary a pound or two and not break 200. I got fat after I took a desk job and developed bad eating out habits. Seems the guys in rehab have the same story. A RN told me this week that ' sitting is the new smoking' Suspect it will be the next bad.

      Delete