Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mandatory Evacuation for our island

The Brevard County Emergency Operations Center is activating a Level 1 Full Activation Wednesday morning.
They’re ordering the mandatory evacuation for Brevard County’s barrier islands, including low-lying flood-prone areas and those living in mobile and manufactured homes.
Those in Merritt Island, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Indialantic and Melbourne Beach should be prepared to leave at 3 p.m., when the mandatory evacuations begin.
The 45th Space Wing at Patrick Air Force Base and the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station has entered Hurricane Condition 3. No evacuations of the base have been ordered yet.
A shipment of hurricane supplies was scheduled to arrive overnight.
“All aircraft have been secured or relocated to other military installations and launch assets based at Patrick AFB and CCAFS are protected from possible storm damage,” according to a 45th Space Wing Facebook post.
There are evacuation orders for Port Canaveral as well, that will impact Jetty Park campers, marinas, and all port businesses and tenants.
The deadline to evacuate is noon Wednesday.

 At our home today it s 31.6 degrees at 9:30 AM and frost everywhere,,,,burr.

9 comments:

  1. My cousin lives in Indialantic, a block from the ocean.
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope he stays safe. There is a price to pay for living in such a nice place.

      Delete
    2. In the last 10 years, I can't remember the exact time, he bought the house he grew up in, stripped the inside down to the frame and rebuilt it from the inside out. He has built in mods where he can quickly protect his house from hurricanes ... at least the best way he can. This storm sounds like it's a huge one. I do remember the last huge one they had he stayed at the house and rode it out.

      Delete
  2. Despite 31 degrees and frost, you are obviously better off where you are. Hope you casa doesn't incur any damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting a bit concerned, will we have a mess to address, sure hope not.

      Delete
  3. Hope the cabana is on stilts. Doesn't look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No stilts, and no shutters over the windows. Not having a warm fuzzy on the Casa being unharmed. The latest forecast shows the eye passing over our Casa, guess I will see if my new fence holds up to 150 mph winds.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank You Sir!

      We would not want to be down there right now and I am wondering what we will face on the 25th when we get there.

      Delete