Saturday, March 25, 2017

1960 Chevy Impala at car show

1960 Chevy with 348 six pack 


  I wanted to find the rifle range to shoot my gun today. I had never been there and had directions, but failed to locate the place. ( Google Earth showed my error, so I made new directions for next time.)

The engine runs on the center carb unless the gas pedal is floored


  As we enjoyed the drive anyway, we noticed a big car show going on. I did not have a camera, but Kathy convinced me to stop and enjoy the sights. Sure glad she did. I have a fondness for 1960 Chevy Impalas' with the big flat fins and cool doors and dash.

Always liked the valve covers on the 348/409 engines

    This one has an alternator upgrade, but otherwise stock. I worked on these as a kid, see the dwell window on the distributor cap just to the right of the vacuum advance. That was a pain in the rear.



  There were about 150 show cars there, but my favorite was two Ford Falcon Sprint cars, a 1963 and 1964. This was the first time I had seen a real one. We had built copies as teens, but these are factory stock. Very light cars with a 289 Ford and 4 speed transmission. Built to be street racers with the Chevy Nova etc of the time.


2 comments:

  1. David would have loved this. We spontaneously stopped on a trip to Vermont in a town we drove through and saw a car show. Parked Winnona on the street and had a fun time enjoying the okd beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always fun to see car shows at different places, might see a car from your childhood memories or one seen in a move etc. A lot of love goes into some of these cars.

      Delete