Thursday, May 11, 2017

Arrived In Seward AK Just before Dark

Gilligan's Island filmed here


  After a wonderful fun last day in Waikiki, up with Sunrise and water aerobics for Kathy and Kona Long board lager on the Lanai for me. We had a late check out so there was time for showers after our beach walk. 


Waikiki Beech

  Then left our bags at the Bell Hop and ate our last salad for lunch. Then we spent the afternoon inside the military museum and watched the Sunset one last time. Then it was Speedy Shuttle $ 30 back to the airport. Our flight had been delayed so we had plenty of time for going through normal TSA as we were not allowed Pre Check for the first time in 6 or more years. I wonder why anyone flies anymore after that. They had a minor cow event over my Nitro Glycerin pills I carry everywhere. I had to explain each drug in my possession, as I had them in 7 day carrier instead of giant prescription bottles. I told them I had a heart attack in August and if they had one also they would be taking pills daily like me, that was what chilled them out and they said OK. Since I had to give them my shoes and belt and they pulled that crap...I let my shorts fall to my ankles. They were then trying to get rid of me quickly after that. 


Hale Koa Military Resort

  The delayed flight got us into Anchorage around 8 am and we were home by 9 am. Kitty appears fine and did not care that we were back. I was very tired and went to bed until Kathy awoke me for a Doc appointment at 2 pm. We  had errands after that and  got a late start on our drive to Seward. It was a beautiful Sunny drive through the snowy mountains and traffic was light. Now snug as a bug in the Seward Resort.


Diamond Head



 The $ 19 Verizon phone no longer works. I asked Verizon and they said I could get my money back, but the phone will not work anymore. So what it says on the box is real. The phone lasts two months from activation. I had really started to like it. I can still use as a camera or flashlight or paper weight.

6 comments:

  1. I thought it was always dark in Seward, AK. :^)

    TSA is one of the reasons I don't fly anymore. If I ever do fly again I'll probably strip down to my skivvies just to make a point. After they get a look at this geezer body they'll wave me right through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A thong might get you into the loony express line.

      Delete
  2. Great move by you for the TSA. Like Bill, they are and the process is why I don't fly anymore. I have something in their computer based on my past certificates for work where every bell and whistle goes off when I get there. The funniest thing I remember though was when TSA first started and she had this strange look come over her face while she looked inside my shoes ... "what is that" ... my answer ... "bloodhound hair" ... I was moved much faster after that.

    Great pictures, place looks as beautiful as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have internet I will post a few more pics from Diamond Head etc in future posts.

      Delete
  3. I would have loved to see the TSA reaction after your shorts inadvertently dropped. But what can you do with no belt etc. Sounds like you had a nice time in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They saw more than they wanted for sure. Yes we had a great time in Waikiki.

      Delete