Friday, June 9, 2017

Cool Web Site To Check Out



  Been watching dandelions grow. With low clouds and drizzle, it has been low key around the home. We had friends over for lunch and enjoyed hearing about their two-month vacation. It gave us new ideas of places to see and things to do.

  Other than that, I have been watching movies on the internet and spent two days trying to get the $ 19 - free prepaid phones set up on a single account. I have failed so far but opened a can of worms I should have left alone. I was on phone with Verizon tech assist for six hours one night, then told to go to local store for photo ID to access account. ( should have known to stop. ) The next day was three hours in the store and my phone that worked was turned into a phone that would not. So after that, I spent eight hours on phone with tech support. They were sorry that I had such an issue, but to return to the store and see the manager. That brings me to ten AM at the local store. Yes, my phone does not work, they confirmed it. So a new sim card was installed and it still would not work. Their tech spent three hours on phone with Verizon tech support and I had to identify myself several times. After another type sim card was installed, the phone works. I have to pay $ 85 a month instead of $ 80 for unlimited data and calls in the USA, Canada, and Mexico. This is something I am willing to live with. There was more to this story, but best not said online. I still can't log into my account, but I am sure they will fix that when they want my money. 
  This did stress me out, but I am happy again. The phone was purchased ( actually free ) to test for signal in the Cabana and places we travel. Yes, Verizon has coverage everywhere we traveled. The next battle will be getting rid of our old carrier and switching to Verizon. We need phones that work on the island this Winter.

  This is a great site to view places most people will never see. Somehow they gained access to restricted places with a 360-degree camera and placed the fantastic pictures online. Use buttons to look around. 
http://nonplused.org

4 comments:

  1. We've had verizon coverage since we went fulltime and they are nearly everywhere we go which is the only reason we have them. They are the most expensive carrier it seems to me and dealing with them can take hours. I would have been furious over the amount of time you spent with them over this. And I'll bet you were. GOOD GRIEF! But $85 for two phones for unlimited?? If so that's actually a mighty good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a mighty good deal if I had it. I learned Verizon plans are sold like cars, one guy might pay $ 135 a month like me and the next guy gets the same thing for $ 112 or less. It is up to the sales person and store location. I guess phase of the moon might be a factor also.

      Delete
  2. We have two Verizon phones - one smartphone and one dumb phone - and a mifi with unlimited. $128/month. Seems like a lot, but like Sherry said their coverage seems to be the best. Still, $128 cuts into the monthly retirement fund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good plan. They showed me how I could have that and after paying $ 150 for the MiFi device and $ 30 activation fee and $ 85 for my phone and a $ 30 activation fee, I could add my wife's phone for a $ 30 activation fee and have a monthly payment of $190. I declined. I know I did not fit the mold for a normal customer, but I online I could have had two new high tech phones and unlimited with no activation fee and unlimited data for $ 170 a month, but if I lost or broke a phone...I had to actually pay retail price for it. I was offered insurance to prevent that for $ 22 a month. This reeked of a contract, which they are happy to say is a thing of the past. I should have done this in Florida, as charges are less, even though they have a sales tax.

      Delete