Sunday, July 2, 2017

Groupon Day for Us and Canada Day for Nephew



  There were ideas of flying to Detroit and getting nephew Dave's Mustang GT convertible out of storage and then driving to a small town on the shore of Lake Ontario to spend the 4th of July with him. Unfortunately, the plan was concocted too late and the airline tickets were too expensive.



  So he enjoyed the local town festival and we enjoyed one of Kathy;s Groupon days. It was overcast and chilly here, with light rain thrown in for good measure. The activity was a class on using a potters wheel and making two things to be fired. I would need a few more classes to be able to make something to keep. It was a lot of fun though and I did not need to dress up for the event. 



  I did not make it to the gun range this week. I had been waiting for my enhanced trigger group and it came Thursday, but lazy me did not get it installed. Hopefully, I will have it ready to go by Tuesday. It should have a smooth and light 0.6-pound trigger pull. The one that came with the gun feels like pulling a razor blade over 200 grit sand paper. And requires a standard 6-pound pull. I am amazed I was able to get 20 rounds into a 1 inch box at 100 yards with it. I have hopes of a 1/2 inch group when I get it dialed in. 



  I printed a coupon for a $ 25 oil change at our local Dodge dealer and will get my van oil changed tomorrow. I just do not feel confident with that oil filter on top of the engine. So for the price, let some who does it many times a day do it. They also reset the change oil indicator and top off fluids, that is worth the hassle anyway.



  The next Groupon was for a new restaurant we had never eaten at and now will never go again. We were both able to eat for $11, but it was not worth much more than that anyway. They were busy, so some people must like it. Kathy seldom lets me eat out anyway and I feel I wasted my opportunity.

  
  The camera has not failed again and I snap a few pics every day to test it. Perhaps it was a passing gremlin.

8 comments:

  1. The older I get the more service jobs I pay to have done. The garage floor is just too hard anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use an old blanket to lay on when I change oil in the older van. The filter and plug are easy to reach from the front. The 2014 van has a goofy canister type filter mounted on top of the engine next to the serpentine belt. The canister has a nut on top and unscrews, then the filter is wiggled off and removed. That sounds like an oil spill waiting to happen. I actually bought a filter for it and after seeing the O rings and reading the instructions, decided no way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds similar to a fuel filter canister with a lid. Doesn't the filter just lift out of the canister? On my diesel truck and the Mercedes diesels I worked on the filters lift out without much spillage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I am a scaredy cat with dripping dirty oil over a expensive drive belt. I watched a youtube video just now, on changing oil filter on Chrysler Pentastar engine and it confirmed the mistakes I could make. Perhaps some day I will get brave enough.

      Delete
    2. Here is that youtube link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGnEI1HmNY

      Delete
    3. What a horrible design. Not at all a true canister type. Prone to failure.

      Delete
  4. Nice flower pictures. Had to laugh at Kathy seldom let's me eat out. Sorry it failed to please but the potter''s wheel experience sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sherry. It is always nice to get a pic compliment from a great photographer. Kathy is now considering a class the lady offers, one night a week for eight weeks. I am on the fence at this time. The Groupon may work as intended on us this time.

    ReplyDelete