Sunday, July 23, 2017

Made it above the tree line



  Today was Sunny and warm, so we headed back out to the lake in the mountains for a walk. We both were still a bit sore from Friday's attempt at the Twin Peaks trail so we planned to do a six mile walk along the lake. Sunday thru Wednesday is 4 wheelers access to the lake road we were planning to walk and golly was there a lot of them.





  So rather than eat dust and be miserable we chose to try the mountain again, but slower. The first pic is taken from where we rested before the return back down. If anyone remembers the posts where we walked and picnicked each week before my heart attack, today's hike was the one I had planned to be able to do by the end of this Summer. Did not even think I would have a major health issue at that time. Amazing how life can change and I got into better shape than I was.






  This is a 1960 Austin Healey ' bug eyed' Sprite.




  Thought someone other than me would enjoy the car pic.











  That hot dog above had a good idea laying in the chilly creek.




























  We are home now and may not make it out of bed tomorrow. It also starts Kathy's 7th year of getting retirement pay. She has had no health problems and been enjoying life without a job. My how time flies.  This week we will have another Kathy discount adventure, should be raining the whole time, but I will carry my camera anyway.



9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it above the tree line. What difference a year makes eh? I remember wanting an old TR but forgot about the AH ... great photos. I am finding retirement life pass much faster than working life. It's flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a youngster I had a beautiful GT-6 and enjoyed driving it, but like many great things I had, I let it go for something else that caught my eye. I also find time passing faster now. I was able to get out of bed today and feel OK except my thighs are asking what I did to them. Round trip for us was 4 hours, lots of catch our breath stops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous landscape shots above the tree line. Congratulations! I'd much rather do the climb than breath dust. 4 wheelers R not Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! We will try again in a week, slowly the same way. Walking with 4 wheelers zooming by is no fun.

      Delete
  4. Gotta love those bug eyes. Too small for an old fat guy like me, but would have been fun years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way dude, can you see the big guy in the blue shirt? He is the owner. I may add another pic of him to show size, then judge.

      Delete
    2. Wow. There's still hope. Now if I could only afford one.

      Delete
  5. omg! The Sprite is amazing! I wish I could drive it one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to see you enjoyed the car pics and took the effort to leave a nice comment. Hope you do get to drive one someday, it looks fun.

      Delete